|Service Design and Innovation , 6 ECTS Credits|
|AIM OF THE COURSE|
|On completion of the course, the student should be able to
- Choose service design and service innovation technique based on available data, need of modelling, as well as purpose and audience
- Use and evaluate service design - and service innovation techniques
- Analyse and develop service concepts regarding innovativity, qualities of use and values in use
- Understand conditions for design and innovation in service activities
- summarise ideals for services
- summarise and present proposals for services based on methods for design of services
- make evaluated and justified choices, and communicate understanding of service design and innovation.
|The course is an advanced course in and about design. The course will address reliable and current techniques and methods for design and design of services in both development and innovation contexts. Their usage will in particular be covered as design techniques, as well as the relation they have to techniques and methods in other service-related fields. Examples of such techniques are missions, service blueprints, personae, actor maps, scenarios, service ellipsis, etcetera The course focuses heavily on the student's ability to learn and use existing and innovative methods and tools to produce and design services in such a way that they direct and support reflective learning.|
| The course is carried out in student active form. The main work comprises laboratory work by means of relevant tools and methods, implemented as exercises or workshops. The concrete exercises are supported by lectures, teaching sessions and seminars.
|Examination is made through design exercises and a design assignment. Detailed information can be found in the study guide.
Students failing an exam covering either the entire course or part of the course two times are entitled to have a new examiner appointed for the reexamination.
Students who have passed an examination may not retake it in order to improve their grades.
At least 6 HE credits in Design for second-cycle studies. User-centred/user-driven design or product development, interaction design, product, service or system development methodology. At least 120 HE credits of academic studies.
|A grade of Pass with Credit, Pass or Fail is given for the course|
|Course certificate is issued by the Faculty Board on request. The Department provides a special form which should be submitted to the Student Affairs Division.|
|The course literature is decided upon by the department in question.|
|Planning and implementation of a course must take its starting point in the wording of the syllabus. The course evaluation included in each course must therefore take up the question how well the course agrees with the syllabus.
The course is carried out in such a way that both men´s and women´s experience and knowledge is made visible and developed.