|Profound Knowledge of Improvement, Learning and Information Literacy , 7,5 ECTS Credits|
|AIM OF THE COURSE|
|On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- account for different theoretical perspectives on learning and change in the working life
- demonstrate basic knowledge of improvement knowledge
- be familiar with strategies and tools for learning-driven improvement work
- account for the meaning of the concept of information literacy linked to the fields of improvement knowledge, competitive intelligence and learning-driven change management
- identify, analyse and describe a reality-based need of information
- know and use relevant information resources and search strategies: be able to retrieve, critically review, evaluate and utilise relevant information.
|The course aims to give the students knowledge of and develop practical skills in improvement knowledge and organisational development focused on different areas of activity, for example schools, care, healthcare and other sectors in the working life. The course focuses on information literacy as a precondition for successful learning-driven improvement and development work in the working life.
From an interdisciplinary perspective, the course highlights:
- Basic concepts: improvement knowledge, information literacy and competitive intelligence related to improvement knowledge
- Relevant theories, models, methods and tools for improvement knowledge and learning-driven improvement work
- Information retrieval - strategies, resources and source evaluation.
|The teaching takes the form of lectures, seminars, independent work/group assignments based on reality-based cases/scenarios and real starting points brought from the students' own activities. Theory is combined with practical exercises and advanced assignments. The course is Internet-based and may be read as a distance course as well as on campus. The students should also study independently.|
|The course is examined through an advanced assignment documented in a paper that is presented and ventilated at a final seminar. The course provides an opportunity for advanced studies in a chosen field relevant to the course, studies or field of work.
Students failing an exam covering either the entire course or part of the course two times are entitled to have a new examiner appointed for the reexamination.
Students who have passed an examination may not retake it in order to improve their grades.
|A grade of Pass with Credit, Pass or Fail is given for the course|
|Course certificate is issued by the Faculty Board on request. The Department provides a special form which should be submitted to the Student Affairs Division.|
|The course literature is decided upon by the department in question.|
|Planning and implementation of a course must take its starting point in the wording of the syllabus. The course evaluation included in each course must therefore take up the question how well the course agrees with the syllabus.
The course is carried out in such a way that both men´s and women´s experience and knowledge is made visible and developed.