|Information, Knowledge and Science, continuation course , 7,5 ECTS Credits|
|AIM OF THE COURSE|
|On completion of the course, the student should:
- be able to demonstrate advanced knowledge of the strategic resource that information knowledge constitutes in our modern information society as a basis for self-administered learning, knowledge development and research from an interdisciplinary perspective
- have developed own information literacy as a basis for continued studies, research and development work
- have developed a stable basis for understanding the information world, including the information resources' structure of structure, knowledge of the research process and knowledge of efficient support for information retrieval and communicative skills
- be able to demonstrate a scientific and critical approach, and knowledge and skills in scientific communication.
|The course reflects the role of information and utilisation of information for learning, development and research, both in theory and practice.
The concept of information literacy with its components and learning processes as a basis for self-administered learning and organisational development is in focus.
The course covers:
- Theories of information literacy and information behaviour
- Strategies for searching, evaluating and utilising information
- Scientific communication, including reference management and citation technique
- Independent advanced study project
| The education is an IT-based distance education with a few meetings at Linköping University.
The communication both between students, and between students and teachers is carried out with technical support.
|The examination comprises an advanced assignment that should include independent information retrieval, which is documented in an essay, published and discussed electronically via the technical platform of the education.
Students failing an exam covering either the entire course or part of the course two times are entitled to have a new examiner appointed for the reexamination.
90 HE credits approved in a subject.
|A grade of Pass or Fail is given for the course|
|Course certificate is issued by the Faculty Board on request. The Department provides a special form which should be submitted to the Student Affairs Division.|
|The course literature is decided upon by the department in question.|
|Planning and implementation of a course must take its starting point in the wording of the syllabus. The course evaluation included in each course must therefore take up the question how well the course agrees with the syllabus.
The course is carried out in such a way that both men´s and women´s experience and knowledge is made visible and developed.