|Feminist Pedagogy and Intersectional Gender Didactics, 7,5 ECTS Credits|
|AIM OF THE COURSE|
|On completion of the course, the students should, on an advanced level within the field of Gender Studies – Intersectionality and Change, be able to:
- Identify and critically account for a selection of key concepts and theories aof feminist pedagogy and intersectional gender didactics;
- reflect critically and systematically on course content and the contemporary processes of change surrounding the field of study;
- independently plan and design teaching, related to the field Intersectional gender studies.
|The course provides knowledge, as regards
- feminist and intersectional pedagogical theories and didactic, such as norm critical theories, empathic reading, transversal dialogues etc;
- gender studies as change, and related contemporary relevant processes of change within the academia and in society at large;
- planning and designing teaching.
|Lectures followed by discussions take place in the online classroom, and during online-seminars, -workshops and/or other learning activities. In between online learning activities students study the course literature independently and communicate with each other online. The theoretical work is combined with practical exercises in teaching, in course design and in ways to negotiate the integration of new course modules in teaching programmes. Language of instruction: English.|
|The course is examined through active participation in online-seminars, -workshops and/or other learning activities, and through continuously written individual assignment, that will be submitted online and through an independent assignment that will be presented in writing and orally in an online seminar.
Detailed information about the examination can be found in the programme’s Key document.
Students failing an exam covering either the entire course or part of the course twice are entitled to have a new examiner appointed for the reexamination.
Students who have passed an examination may not retake it in order to improve their grades.
A bachelor’s degree with at least 30 ECTS credits in Gender Studies or equivalent qualifications.
Documented knowledge of English equivalent to Engelska B/Engelska 6.
|The course is graded according to the ECTS grading scale A-F|
|Course certificate is issued by the Faculty Board on request. The Department provides a special form which should be submitted to the Student Affairs Division.|
|The course literature is decided upon by the department in question.|
|Planning and implementation of a course must take its starting point in the wording of the syllabus. The course evaluation included in each course must therefore take up the question how well the course agrees with the syllabus.
The course is carried out in such a way that both men´s and women´s experience and knowledge is made visible and developed.