|Personal Care Assistance , 15 ECTS Credits|
|AIM OF THE COURSE|
|On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- account for basic theoretical and empirical knowledge in social work that is relevant to personal care assistance
- show an applicable understanding of the conditions that may influence the meeting on an individual, group and community level, from different perspectives
- apply a scientific and critical approach to research and development in the area.
|The course focuses on social work with the following contents:
- Ideologies and relevant legislation
- Ethics and confidentiality
- Communication and conflict management
- Professional meetings
- The possibilities and limitations of the professional role
- Research and development work with relevance to personal care assistance.
| The course is carried out in the form of distance education by means of web support where each student gains access to a study room. Meetings with teachers and course participants take place via the web. The course also contains full-day meetings as the contents of the course are covered both through theory and various types of proficiency exercises.
Different working methods are utilised in the teaching, for example work in tutorial groups, lectures, literature studies, article reviews, seminars, field studies and communicative exercises. Problem-based learning is the educational basis of the course. Problem-based learning is used as a method to develop an examining approach, where the own questions and problem formulations constitute the basis for the learning. Searching and evaluating knowledge, practising cooperation and being able to handle change are fundamental features of problem-based learning.
|The course is examined in writing. Detailed information can be found in the study guide.
Students failing an exam covering either the entire course or part of the course twice are entitled to have a new examiner appointed for the reexamination.
Students who have passed an examination may not retake it in order to improve their grades.
|A grade of Pass with Credit, Pass or Fail is given for the course|
|Course certificate is issued by the Faculty Board on request. The Department provides a special form which should be submitted to the Student Affairs Division.|
|The course literature is decided upon by the department in question.|
|Planning and implementation of a course must take its starting point in the wording of the syllabus. The course evaluation included in each course must therefore take up the question how well the course agrees with the syllabus.
The course is carried out in such a way that both men´s and women´s experience and knowledge is made visible and developed.