|International Financial Management - Fixed Income and Foreign Exchange Markets , 7,5 ECTS Credits|
|AIM OF THE COURSE|
|On completion of the course, the student should be able to
- demonstrate a theoretical and practical knowledge of money markets, bond markets and foreign exchange markets, and the main types of financial instruments that are traded with on these markets.
- independently analyse pricing of interests and currencies.
- independently analyse risks that arise and are handled on money, bond and currency markets, and apply financial methods for risk management within the framework of these markets.
|The course covers, inter alia, the following:
- The money and bond market from a Swedish and international perspective.
- Pricing of interest bearing instruments.
- Interest rate formation and yield curve from a Swedish and international perspective.
- Risks and risk management on the money and bond market.
- Foreign exchange markets and the market conventions regarding currencies.
- Pricing of currencies and parity conditions.
- Risks and risk management on the foreign exchange market with a focus on term contracts and swaps.
- Handling of currency exposure from a business perspective.
|The teaching takes the form of lectures, teaching sessions, project assignments and trading room laboratory. The students should also study independently.|
|Examination is in the form of a written examination at the end of the course, as well as project assignments that are carried out during the course. Detailed information can be found in the study guide.
Students failing an exam covering either the entire course or part of the course two times are entitled to have a new examiner appointed for the reexamination.
Students who have passed an examination may not retake it in order to improve their grades.
Completed Economics, basic course comprising 30 HE credits, or the equivalent, with at least 15 HE credits approved, and completed Finance, 7.5 HE credits, continuation course, or the equivalent.
|A grade of Pass with Credit, Pass or Fail is given for the course|
|Course certificate is issued by the Faculty Board on request. The Department provides a special form which should be submitted to the Student Affairs Division.|
|The course literature is decided upon by the department in question.|
|Planning and implementation of a course must take its starting point in the wording of the syllabus. The course evaluation included in each course must therefore take up the question how well the course agrees with the syllabus.
The course is carried out in such a way that both men´s and women´s experience and knowledge is made visible and developed.