|Design 2, basic course , 7,5 ECTS Credits|
|AIM OF THE COURSE|
|On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- design in two and three dimensions in order to develop a conscious idiom
- use shape, colour and composition as means for developing the personal expression
- develop a reflective approach to the creative process and its visible results
- demonstrate knowledge of and use skills in utilising various types of imagery of significance for planning the own work of understanding their importance and using them deliberately as tools in the creative work
- account for different functions of objects to have this knowledge, along with the ability to create with a personal expression, facilitate the development of the own creative work
- independently analyse expressions of shape, and thereby further the ability to evaluate products in several types of materials and techniques.
|Creative experimental work with an emphasis on shape, colour and composition, where decor and patterns are included. Laboratory sessions with the purpose of examining the possibilities of variations in expression.
Problematising of the conditions, processes and results of the creative process. Development of this process.
Metaphorical language, technical aids and possibilities to use them in the creative work.
Creative work in object analysis, where the concept of function is problematised and the understanding of its meaning is advanced.
Analysis of the concepts of quality and different conceptions of this as a basis for object analysis and object valuation.
|Lectures, seminars, field trips and practical work. The course contains literature studies that are carried out independently and processed in seminars. Tasks will also be assigned during the course.|
|The student's efforts are assessed continuously at seminars and at presentations of assignments during the course.
Students failing an exam covering either the entire course or part of the course two times are entitled to have a new examiner appointed for the reexamination.
Completed Design 1, basic course, 7.5 HE credits.
|A grade of Pass or Fail is given for the course|
|Course certificate is issued by the Faculty Board on request. The Department provides a special form which should be submitted to the Student Affairs Division.|
|The course literature is decided upon by the department in question.|
|Planning and implementation of a course must take its starting point in the wording of the syllabus. The course evaluation included in each course must therefore take up the question how well the course agrees with the syllabus.
The course is carried out in such a way that both men´s and women´s experience and knowledge is made visible and developed.