|Producing and Using Exhibitions, basic course , 7,5 ECTS Credits|
|AIM OF THE COURSE|
|On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- apply a reflecting approach to the exhibition as a medium
- demonstrate basic knowledge of the contents, function and design of the exhibition
- demonstrate basic skills in exhibition work
- present and discuss ideas within different fields where exhibition can be used
- acquire elementary knowledge of handling art work, concerning both the aesthetics and ethics of the object
- analyse and discuss the exhibition process as a whole, before, during and after the meeting with the audience
- account for how the exhibition medium has changed in a historical perspective.
|The course covers the exhibition as a communication medium, sensory experience and educational tool. The focus is on analysis and assessment of the different purposes of exhibitions from sender and receiver perspectives. Production of exhibitions is discussed and processed mainly concerning colour and shape, light and lighting, texts and spatial design. The conditions of the exhibition process and procedure are studied with focus on project work in planning, building and implementation of an exhibition. The exhibition's meeting with the audience, programme activities and evaluation are also examined. Background to different forms of exhibition is given from a historical perspective.|
| The teaching takes the form of lectures, seminars and practical work and field trips. The course contains a literature course, which is read independently and processed in seminars. Tasks will also be assigned during the course. The students should also study independently.
|The course is examined through oral presentation and presentation of practical work and written reflection.
Students failing an exam covering either the entire course or part of the course two times are entitled to have a new examiner appointed for the reexamination.
Students who have passed an examination may not retake it in order to improve their grades.
|A grade of Pass with Credit, Pass or Fail is given for the course|
|Course certificate is issued by the Faculty Board on request. The Department provides a special form which should be submitted to the Student Affairs Division.|
|The course literature is decided upon by the department in question.|
|Planning and implementation of a course must take its starting point in the wording of the syllabus. The course evaluation included in each course must therefore take up the question how well the course agrees with the syllabus.
The course is carried out in such a way that both men´s and women´s experience and knowledge is made visible and developed.