|Disability Science II, continuation course , 30 ECTS Credits|
|AIM OF THE COURSE|
|On completion of the course, the student should be able to
- find appropriate interventions and preventions on the basis of clinical cases
- apply the biopsychosocial approach on different clinical cases by examining concepts that are applicable on several different levels or several different disabilities,
- independently carry out a study of disability science, analyse data and communicate the results in the form of an essay in an ethical way,
- apply knowledge of theories and concepts of disability science, ethics, biology/medicine, psychology and sociology on clinical cases,
- apply methods of disability science on real cases,
- demonstrate an ability to analyse and assess own work and the work of others,
- describe, identify and formulate discuss different clinical groups of disability,
- apply an ethical approach on clinical cases.
|The course contents highlight the following fields:
- intervention and prevention of clinical cases of individuals with disability
- to be able to use concepts that are applicable to either several disabilities or several different levels of explanation in clinical cases, based on the biopsychosocial approach,
- implementation of studies of disability science, and analysis of data and presentation of the results of these studies
- applied ethics relevant to the context of disabilities.
- application of methods of disability science.
|The course has a case-inspired pedagogy, where clinical cases are central and used to create motivation and meaning in the studies. The course contents are highlighted by case works, lectures and distance seminars. The students should also study independently.|
|Take-home examination, group assignments, and active participation in seminars and laboratory sessions.
Students failing an exam covering either the entire course or part of the course two times are entitled to have a new examiner appointed for the reexamination.
Students who have passed an examination may not retake it in order to improve their grades.
Completed Disability Science, basic course with at least 22.5 HE credits approved, or the equivalent.
|A grade of Pass with Credit, Pass or Fail is given for the course|
|Course certificate is issued by the Faculty Board on request. The Department provides a special form which should be submitted to the Student Affairs Division.|
|The course literature is decided upon by the department in question.|
|Planning and implementation of a course must take its starting point in the wording of the syllabus. The course evaluation included in each course must therefore take up the question how well the course agrees with the syllabus.
The course is carried out in such a way that both men´s and women´s experience and knowledge is made visible and developed.