|Advanced Cognitive Psychology, 7,5 ECTS Credits|
|AIM OF THE COURSE|
|After completion of the course the student should independently be able to
- throroughly account for, analyze and critically reflect around current research and debates within modern cognitive psychology
- critically and systematically integrate knowledge in modern cognitive psychology in order to analyze, evaluate and handle complex phenomena, questions and situations
- critically and creatively formulate questions relevant within the field of modern cognitive psychology
- in national as well as international contexts, in speech and writing, clearly account for and discuss scientific conclusions concerning modern cognitive psychology and the arguments on which they are based in dialogue with different groups
- identify personal need for futher knowledge and take responsibility for her of his ongoing learning
|The course will cover modern research, trends and debates within the field of cognitive psychology. The course content will be related to and exemplified by the instructors' ongoing research within cognitive psychology and its applications.|
|The course consists of lectures, seminars and course assignments. In addition to that the students are expected to engage in independent studies. Language of instruction: English.|
|The course is examined by individual written exams, active participation in seminars and mandatory course assignments
Students failing an exam covering either the entire course or part of the course two times are entitled to have a new examiner appointed for the reexamination.
Students who have passed an examination may not retake it in order to improve their grades.
Bachelor degree of psychology.
In addition to the above, documented knowledge of English equivalent to ”Engelska B”; English as native language or an internationally recognized test e.g. TOEFL (minimum scores: Paperbased 550 + TWE-score 4.0, computer-based 213 and internet-based 79), IELTS, academic (minimum score: Overall band 6.0 and no band under 5.0), or equivalent.
|The course is graded on the following scale: Pass with distinction; Pass; Fail.|
|Course certificate is issued by the Faculty Board on request. The Department provides a special form which should be submitted to the Student Affairs Division.|
|The course literature is decided upon by the department in question.|
|Planning and implementation of a course must take its starting point in the wording of the syllabus. The course evaluation included in each course must therefore take up the question how well the course agrees with the syllabus.
The course is carried out in such a way that both men´s and women´s experience and knowledge is made visible and developed.